Winter Solstice: The longest night of the year. A celebration of light returning to the Earth. A time to rest and renew to prepare for Spring. The winter solstice is a sacred and quiet night, perfect for listening to your innermost self, setting goals for the seasons ahead, and giving yourself the gift of peace.
The 2021 Winter Solstice in particular brings an influx of light to our planet. Don’t be surprised if you are met with drastic personal shifts or abrupt life changes. Be sure to make time during the weeks following for self-care, meditation, and rest.
Make the most out of this time by journaling, performing candle light rituals, and starting or ending your day with mantras.
journal prompts for the solstice
What does winter mean to me?
How can I embrace winter as a season of positivity?
What is a gift that only winter can bring?
List 10 ways I will offer myself care during the winter season.
What are my top 3 intentions for 2022?
mantras for the solstice
I invite the light to return.
I rest in peaceful darkness.
I offer myself tenderness and compassion.
I allow my innermost light to guide me through the seasons.
I look forward to the seasons and opportunities to come.
a winter solstice candle ritual
- Choose a candle with a scent that brings you peace or feels like a warm embrace.
- Choose a space that is dark, quiet, and cozy.
- Take a moment to calm and center yourself, focusing in on the here and now, practicing deep breathing.
- Light the candle with reverence and gratitude for the light and warmth it brings you.
- Close your eyes and picture the light and warmth of the candle slowly filling you with bright warm light, starting from your core, and spreading to the tips of your toes and fingers, and the top of your head.
- Allow this light to replace any negativity, heavy energy, or dark thoughts you had been harbouring.
- Take a moment of gratitude for your body, your mind, your sanctuary, and the divine timeline of your life.
- Open your eyes and blow out your candle.
- Finish by journaling, meditating, or repeating mantras.
- Finally, allow yourself to rest.
Winter Solstice Necessities
12 Day Self-Care Toolkit | Shoppe Geo$40.00 Add to cart
Himalayan Bath Salt Crystals | Shoppe Geo$18.00 Add to cart
Wisdom: Cosmic Crystal Collection | Shoppe Geo$20.00 Add to cart
Selenite Tower | Shoppe Geo$10.00 Add to cart
Amethyst Tea Light Candle Holder | Shoppe Geo$55.00 Add to cart
Energy Amplifying Quartz Crystal Lamp | Shoppe Geo$85.00 Add to cart
Trust + Manifest Crystal Collection | Shoppe Geo$20.00 Add to cart